Employment Type: Full-time
Location: 15 Tú Xương, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
Start date: As soon as possible
Report to: Managing Director
About Vietnam Green Startup Foundation
Vietnam Green Startup Foundation (VGSF) is a social foundation, whose charter was granted by the Minister of Home Affairs. The purpose of VGSF is to provide fund and other support to encourage green entrepreneurship, empower agro-preneurs. The VGSF supports for-profit as well as not-for-profit social organizations working toward green economy, agriculture, circular economy, sustainable development, environmental protection and other causes.
Mission for the Role
The Manager of Development will cultivate and secure ambitious funding sources to support the organization’s growth. The Manager of Development will report directly to and work closely with the Managing Director on setting and executing high level development strategy, managing a team of talented development professionals, and managing a portfolio of donors and prospects.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working closely with the managing director to develop, implement and evaluate the fundraising strategies for all streams – international development funds, local government, businesses, foundations and individuals.
- Analyzing historical and market data to set ambitious yet feasible revenue, donor quantity and setting interim benchmarks to monitor progress.
- Developing pitches, strategies and tactical plans to achieve goals for different funding sources and donor segments.
- Regularly assessing team-wide progress to goals, identifying what is driving and impeding progress, developing solutions to address gaps, and adjusting course as necessary.
- Building and managing a development and fund raising team of 2 to 5 full-time development staff to progress toward goals and develop them as professionals in order to ensure fundraising efforts are tightly executed and highly effective.
- Supporting the managing director in Management Committee and Sponsoring Board management, including helping to set a strategic vision for the Management Committee and Sponsoring Board’s role in development, preparing for and participating in committee and board meetings, managing committee and board members on specific projects or activities, and corresponding with committee and board members as needed.
Candidate Profile and Experience Prerequisites
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 4 years of experience and experience managing others strongly preferred
- Uncommon level of personal responsibility with exceptional goal orientation and a proven track record of success
- Critical thinker who enjoys spending significant time solving problems and developing opportunities in order to achieve the most meaningful outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to both motivate and manage superiors, peers, and direct reports to achieve ambitious, measurable results
- Strong verbal and written communicator with a keen understanding of the beliefs, contexts, and motivations of others
- Excellent organization skills and detail orientation with a commitment to developing and maintaining efficient back-end operations
Values, behaviour & attitude
Employees of VGSF are expected to support the delivery of the organization’s mission, vision, and values as part of their day to day work. In return, you will be supported by your Line Manager through supervision and support, listening, training and development and the best resources that we are able to provide to help you give your best. Key competencies expected include:
- Being flexible, adaptable and embracing changes
- Being proactive to seek information needed for problem solving and task fulfilment
- Working well as part of a team but equally being able to work off your own back
- Empathy & Openness
Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.