Employment Type: Full-time/Intern
Location: 15 Tu Xuong, Dist 3, Ho Chi Minh City.
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Start date: As soon as possible.
Report to: Operation Manager
The Operations Officer engages with various day-to-day operational administration activities and provides the administration support role.
- Assist Operations Manager with secretarial and administrative duties as required, including processing payment of invoices and reimbursements.
- Arrange the office supplies relating to Operations-related activities.
- Arrange the facilities and catering for Operations-related functions (training, workshops, event, etc.)
- Provide travel arrangements for the Operations Manager and visitors as required.
- Support to arrange the Management team and other visitors’ schedules and activities for travels and visits.
- Translate documents as required.
Document Control Supports
- Coordinate the preparation of the Operations Manager’ reports and correspondence with Local Authorities, in consultancy with the reporting line manager.
- Prepare the contract documentation for new project(s) led by the Operations Team.
- Follow-up the progress and arrange payment paperwork for new project(s) led by the Operations Team.
- Provide support in consolidation of the budget/ forecast .
- Provide support in record and monitor of actual expenses vs. approved budget/ forecast.
Performing other tasks as directed by the Operation Manager
CANDIDATE PROFILE AND EXPERIENCE PREREQUISITES
- Demonstrated understanding or ability to quickly attain understanding of administration procedures and protocols.
- Acute attention to detail and accuracy when managing information.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of team.
- Good interpersonal skills, including active listening, positive attitude, teamwork.
- Good organisational skills, including time management and the ability to manage a range of tasks pro-actively.
- Proficient use of Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Access, Google Apps.
- Experience in administration for at least 1 year.
Values, behaviour & attitude:
Employees of Green Edu are expected to support delivering of the organization’s mission, vision, and values as part of their day to day work. In return, you will be supported by your Line Manager through supervision and support, listening, training and development and the best resources that we are able to provide to help you give your best. Key competencies expected include:
- Being flexible and adaptable.
- Seeks information.
- Embraces change.
- Works well as part of a team but equally able to work off your own back.
- Empathy & Openness.
BENEFITS AND SALARY
- Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
- Be a part of an enthusiastic, diverse, and supportive team.
|NB: This Job Description forms part of the Contract of Employment of the person appointed to this post. It reflects the position at the present time only, and may be changed at management’s
discretion in the future. As a general term of employment, Green Edu may make any necessary change in job content, or may require the post holder to undertake other duties, at any location relevant to the employee’s remuneration, role, skills, and experience.