To further increase our positive impact on the agribusiness sector of Southeast Asia, we are looking for a Value Chain and Market Development Consultant to be based in our Ho Chi Minh City or Hanoi office.
The ideal applicant is a self-motivated individual with a high potential to discover novel insights in all socio-economic and financial aspects of agriculture value chains – from production to processing and trade.
You enjoy variety in your work and seek the opportunity to better understand the systems and processes that deliver safe and quality food from the farm to your fork. As a consultant you are excited by the challenge of mastering new topics, enjoying the process of gathering data, through both qualitative and quantitative methods, analyzing this data and then providing recommendations on key challenges and potential solutions to those challenges. The scope of work covers all agricultural sectors and all stages of food chains: from input supply, primary production to processing, trade, and consumption. As part of the multi-disciplinary Fresh Studio team, you will play a key role in applying these insights to change product chains into value chains.
For more information about Fresh Studio, visit our website http://www.freshstudio.vn.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team to analyze the structure, conduct and performance of various food chains, ultimately turning the insights gained into concrete proposals of actions that can be implemented to improve the chain.
- Analyze the characteristics and financial performance of all actors in a food chain, from input supply till final consumption, identifying strengths and weaknesses that can lead to future performance improvements.
- Conduct cost benefit analysis on investments that aim to upgrade product chains to value chains.
- Undertake market and sector studies that will provide insights in the structure, conduct and performance of certain markets.
- Monitor assigned agricultural sectors, including assessing trends that affect agricultural production, distribution, and consumption.
- Build an extensive network among farmers, traders, companies, government authorities, and financial institutions to stay informed about agricultural developments.
- Support the business development department in client management processes
- Implement the assigned work plan in a professional, independent and timely manner
- Support project leaders in administrative tasks and logistics
- At least 3 years of professional experience in agriculture, consulting, sustainable development or a related field
- Experience in qualitative and/or quantitative research methodologies
- Experience in project management
- Experience in client relationship management
- Experience in marketing and/or agriculture a plus
2. Special Skills required:
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent both in oral and written English, fluency in Vietnamese a plus.
- Excellent organizing and planning skills as well as a high level of attention to detail
- Able to work independently while being a team player with a hands-on mentality
- Fluency in office software
- Advantage if fluent in other research software (ie: SPSS, R, etc)
- Professional attitude
- Result driven
- Passion for sustainable food
- Proactive and a positive thinker
- Eager to learn and discover
- Available to travel to fieldwork sites across Vietnam and/or the region
- MSc degree in Economics, Agriculture, Management or an analytical related field of study
- Bachelor’s degree will be considered if accompanied by significant experience in a relevant area of work
*Candidates will work in Ho Chi Minh City or Hanoi office